You shouldn’t have to wonder if your lubricants and processes are contributing to a more sustainable world. It’s why we shared our three sustainability goals in this article. Like we announced in this blog, our goal to use 50% green electricity by 2025 has already been exceeded – but it isn’t the only goal that’s been surpassed.
We’re excited to share that the energy savings achieved by customers using our products exceeded our target of 350 GWh with 395 GWh in 2021 – and now we’re working our way toward 800 GWh by 2025.
These energy savings, primarily driven by our KlüberEnergy offering, translate not only into our customers’ financial benefit, but efficiency improvements enable them to meet their own sustainability goals. It also means improved resource management, specifically through extended maintenance intervals and lifetime lubrication.
All the while, it unites all of us – the Klüber Lubrication team and customers alike – in support of the UN’s Sustainability Development Goal 13: “Climate Action.”
We’ve made it as far as we have and will keep getting there through actions around the world including:
- Demonstrating to customers how a change to our lubricant can achieve an increase of up to 3-percent or more in energy efficiency.
- Explaining the long-term benefits of synthetics over mineral oils.
- Training customers on maintenance intervals so they’re running the lubricants to their full lifetime.
- Making sure we recommend lubricants that are less impactful to the environment.
- Breaking into high-powered industries – like cement – where small changes can equal a large impact.
Through every gain in energy efficiency, together, with our customers, we are supporting a more sustainable world and a more responsible industry.