The rough operating conditions in the cement industry pose special challenges to maintenance – high pressure, extreme temperatures, low-speed operation, and high dust and dirt particle concentrations. Keeping a plant efficient and operational requires a high volume of lubricant and an abundance of time for maintenance.
The result is wasted energy, time, and money.
Optimizing open gear functions can significantly reduce operational waste and production costs. Two common problems in open gears can be easily eliminated:
- Using an excessive volume of black adhesive lubricants
- Wasting a significant amount of downtime for manual cleaning
We believe greater efficiency is attainable, and we’ve designed Klüberfluid C-F 3 Ultra and Klübersustain EZ 2-46 to give you the optimization and cost reduction you need.
Klüberfluid C-F 3 Ultra is a transparent operational lubricant developed specifically for medium-to large-girth gear drives with immersion, circulation, or spray lubrication systems. Its thick film and transparent formula allow it to:
- Provide good adhesion, excellent resistance to high pressure, and protection against wear
- Prevent blockage, as it does not contain any solid particles
- Achieve optimal separation of friction surfaces and softer engagement
- Make the gear cleaner and thus more convenient to clean and maintain
The result is 30-50% lower lubrication quantities and thus reduced maintenance costs.
Klüberfluid C-F 3 Ultra is suitable for all kinds of open gear lubrication systems, normal to elevated component temperatures, and high-speed and low-speed applications.
Additionally, Klübersustain EZ 2-46 is a cleaning lubricant with extreme-pressure additives for large open gears. It was developed specifically to:
- Work during the last hour of operation, thus eliminating the need for time-consuming, potentially dangerous manual cleaning
- Protect gears from scuffs and damage with its high-solvency base designed for maximum wear protection
- Clean for non-destructive testing (NDT) of the gear mesh, tooth roots, and even the gear guard
- Improve sustainability with a formula made from more than 70% renewable raw materials
The result is lower manufacturing costs due to reduced downtime for maintenance.
Implementing Klüberfluid C-F 3 Ultra and Klübersustain EZ 2-46 in open gears can make manufacturing much more efficient and economical. Reach out to Warren Emmons at Warren.Emmons@us.kluber.com to implement these lubricants and save your operation significant time and money.