Ideal for harbor cranes, pod propulsion, pod steering gear and deck equipment, Klüberbio EG 2-320 synthetic ester gear oils use an advanced biodegradable formula comprised of at least 90 percent renewable raw materials. As a result, it complies with the EU Ecolabel for products and services meeting high environmental standards throughout its lifecycle: from raw material extraction, to production, distribution and disposal. With EU Ecolabel certification, ship owners and operators get the assurance of independent verification that Klüberbio EG 2-320 gear oils meet the U.S. EPA’s requirements for an Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL).
- Ultimate biodegradability – meets minimal toxicity and non-bio-accumulating standards set in Appendix A of the U.S. EPA’s VGP (Vessel General Permit)
- Exhibits high shear stability and forms a strong hydrodynamic oil film even when subject to high loads
- Provides high scuffing resistance, protecting gear teeth reliably against fretting damage even at high peak loads
- Meets approval of thruster and propeller shaft seal OEMs
- Compatible with NBR and FKM seal elastomers, thereby preventing leakages and impurities
Learn more about Klüberbio EG 2-320 – part of our expanding portfolio of biodegradable products for the marine industry.