More than 50 percent of machinery failures are due to one or more of these causes.
- Insufficient application of lubricant
- Using the wrong lubricant for the application
- Employing a lubricant that has aged and no longer protects the machine element
Unfortunately, machinery failure due to lubricant issues often occurs during critical operations, such as docking, cargo handling, maneuvering in restricted channels, or at sea during inclement weather.
To prevent catastrophic machinery failure resulting from lubricant misapplication, our Klübermatic single-point automatic lubricators provide a cost-effective and reliable solution for onboard equipment maintenance.
Developed in conjunction with perma USA, Klübermatic technology gives vessel owners and operators the convenience and reliability of an automatic lubrication system along with experienced application support.
Klübermatic Single Point Automatic Lubricators offers many advantages:
- Eliminates difficult manual lubrication – Manual lubrication routines can over lubricate when the lubricant is being applied and under lubricate if the lubrication intervals are too long or missed. This can lead to seal failures and excessive friction during periods of over lubrication — or excessive wear rates and corrosion during periods of under lubrication.
- Fully automatic operation extends up to 24 months – The Klübermatic functions as a fully automatic system that delivers lubricants to single or multiple lubrication points. Depending on the size of the applicator and the lubrication requirements, the Klübermatic delivery system can be set to discharge the correct level of grease or oil for up to 24 months.
- Choose a configuration to match your application – The Klübermatic line includes both electro-chemical and electro-mechanical drive systems. Each Klübermatic consists of the drive system, piston, and lubrication canister filled with correct lubricant for the specific application. A full line of accessories is available to complete the installation.
- Adjustable discharge meets different lubrication amounts and intervals – Depending on the model, the Klübermatic will contain between 30 cc and 500 cc of lubricating grease or oil. The discharge period for the Klübermatic is determined by the movement of the internal piston. By controlling the pressure on the piston in the electro-chemical units or the lubrication intervals in the electro-mechanical units, the proper amount of lubricant will be delivered over the discharge period.
- Flexible mounting and easy removal is simple to work with –The Klübermatic can be direct mounted to the grease fitting or it can be remotely mounted using brackets and tubing. At the end of the discharge period, depending on the type of drive, the complete unit can be removed, disposed of and replaced with a new unit (electro-chemical) — or the lubrication canister and batteries are replaced and the drive unit is reused (electro-mechanical).
- Lubrication consistency to implement best practices – A Klübermatic program enhances preventative maintenance routines, because the reliability of the delivery system supports regular maintenance schedules. With the Klübermatic system, labor savings and improvements in crew safety can also be realized. Man-hours required to maintain equipment are reduced as each lubrication point only needs to be accessed at the time the Klübermatic is exchanged or during routine inspections. Minimizing manual lubrication also reduces the risk associated with accessing lubrication points that are in confined spaces, hard to reach locations, or exposed areas of the vessel.
- Expert support simplifies installation – A Klübermatic installation begins with a vessel survey by the Klüber and perma USA engineering team and continues with installation support and periodic operational reviews. During the survey, the team will identify the opportunities for automatic lubricators, the installation design, and the lubrication requirements. In the engine room, lubrication points on main and auxiliary mechanical systems that can be fitted with Klübermatics include lube oil transfer pumps, air compressors, feed water pumps, engine cooling pumps, waste treatment systems, air supply fans, hydraulic motors for controllable pitch propellers, portable water pumps, and fire suppression systems. On deck lubrication points include deck cranes, winches, capstans and fairleads.
- Delivering the right lubricant to the application – Klüber Lubrication has a selection of over 2,000 lubricants allowing a very specific match between the lubricant and the application. Our unique tribological know how, raw materials of highest quality and experience in designing lubricants in close cooperation with leading OEMs, are the foundation for our benchmark-setting marine products.By delivering the correct lubricant at the correct interval over the lifetime of the applicator, a Klübermatic program can significantly reduce failures and deliver major operational benefits.Where lubrication is a regulatory requirement, the use of Klübermatics will help ensure the vessel remains in compliance. An example is the USGC requirement to lubricate lifeboat davits on a monthly basis. A survey of the vessel by the Klüber and perma USA team will identify all the applications where Klübermatics can benefit operations — plus, provide installation and after sales support to ensure that systems continue to function as designed.