Laboratory Manager, Chemist
Location: Londonderry, NH
The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 40,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg Chemical Specialities is one of the global leading manufacturers of specialty lubricants, release agents, chemotechnical maintenance products, and solutions for surface and galvanic technologies. To be close to its customers, the company is represented globally in the market with its five brands, Klüber Lubrication, Chem-Trend, OKS, SurTec and Capol.
Laboratory Facility & Equipment
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory and ensuring good laboratory practices are implemented, documented and sustained.
- Ensure the site QC processes align and support product specification and specific customer requirements.
- Ensure that the raw material and finished product inspection plans are current and up to date as well as helping develop inspection plans in conjunction with suppliers and KL laboratories
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining testing to ASTM and/or DIN standards
- Ensure that all test equipment is available and functioning to meet raw material and finished good specifications.
- Conducts oversight management for any testing that is outsourced
- Responsible for maintaining calibration schedule of laboratory and production equipment
- Develops goals and plans for quality improvement.
- Ensure that all raw materials are received in accordance with valid inspection plans
- Identifies raw material substitutions for improved chemical properties or cost improvements
- Manages raw material inventory moved to QC within the ERP system
- Collaborate with purchasing In reviewing proposed raw materials to ensure that they meet specification.
- Review pre-shipment Certificates of Analysis of raw material to pick best batch of raw material that will meet specifications.
- Ensure that all finished goods produced on site are completed in accordance with inspection plans
- Provides production department with analyses of finished products and assists with ensuring a controlled production process.
- Advises production department on quality issues relating to manufacturing process.
- Review weekly production schedule. Ensure required adjustments in recipes are performed if necessary to reduce the number of corrections.
- Release recipes in the manufacturing system
- Collaborate with production on methods that will bring out of specification product into conformance.
- Review product specification changes.
- Collaborate with production in the product relocation process.
- Performs tasks associated with product formulations with complete confidentiality and follows direction of executive management.
- Conducts testing and manages all inventory moved to QC within the ERP system.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 policy and procedures
- Create and implement QC Laboratory SOPs, WI and Management Programs related to the QC Laboratory
- Oversees and audits Laboratory non-conformances, preventive and corrective actions.
- Maintain an effective calibration program
- Issues non-conformances to suppliers for raw materials, products and/or services that are not in conformance with Kluber requirements
- Provides back-up support to HSE for chemical reviews and MSDS development
- Provides customer support for technical issues regarding our products
- Ensure conformance with corporate mandates as well quality key figures
- Tests competitor and customer samples upon request of sales department
- Acts as a member of the company’s emergency response team
- Perform any additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by Management
- BS in Chemistry at minimum
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in production or QA field; lubricant formulation (including grease) and QA experience a must.
- Experience with ISO standards; ASTM and/or DIN standards; working knowledge of TS 16949 and PPAP is preferred
- Background overseeing laboratory facilities and equipment; metrology experience helpful
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems and Microsoft Office Software
- Analytical and problem solving abilities as well as team building ability
- Strong and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and drive change
Join one of the best companies to work for in NH as awarded by Business NH Magazine in 2016! Klüber Lubrication NA LP is looking for individuals to join our team of global specialists. Providing exceptional customer service is our top priority. Please contact us to learn what our professional, yet family-oriented atmosphere can offer you.
Do you have any questions?
Klüber Lubrication NA LP
Ms. Erin Albert
Tel: +1 603-206-0823
Apply online now! Take the shortcut.
You are leaving our website.